Maggie Q's Boosted Morning Coffee
This superfood morning coffee is next level. With notes of ginger and cardamom, it's flavorful, healthy and will give you a boost to last til at least lunchtime. Once you give this recipe a go, your coffee routine will never be the same.
MAGGIE Q's Boosted Morning Coffee
- 1 cup Organic coffee beans
- 3 cardamom pods
- Enough filtered water to fill a large French press
- 1 large grape size chunk of Cacao Butter
- 2 Tbsp of coconut palm sugar or maple flakes
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 5-7 slices of ginger
- 1 ½ tsp of Maca
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Fresh homemade Nut Milk (desired amount)
1. Boil hot water with ginger slices till the kettle sings (or in a pot if you don’t have a kettle).
2. In the meantime, grind your organic coffee beans with your cardamom pods in a grinder until ground smooth. I like to do coffee this way because it ensures the freshest and most aromatic coffee possible!
3. Pour the ground coffee into your French press and add your hot ginger water making sure it fills the French press to the top.
4. Let it sit for a few minutes or however strong you like your coffee. I usually wait about 2-3 minutes.
5. Once your coffee is pressed, add it to a blender with all of your ingredients except the nut milk. If you don’t have a frother, I would add the milk during this step and blend with all ingredients! But add the heated liquid first, so it doesn’t cool your coffee.
6. Once your black coffee is blended with all of your superfood goodness, add to mugs. Froth your homemade nut milk and top to serve. I like to add a little bit more cinnamon on top because I love it and it also looks really pretty.
7. Enjoy your boosted morning coffee!