QEEP Cooking: Maggie Q's Spaghetti Squash & Easy Marinara
I love spaghetti squash. It's like magic the way it scoops out like spaghetti once you roast it. It's the perfect replacement for pasta if you're on a low-carb diet. It's also lower in calories and high in fiber and other nutrients.
I like to pair it with an easy marinara that you can make in a couple of minutes. While I keep it vegan, you can add whatever protein you like.
Check out my recipe and video, below. And QEEP COOKING!
Maggie Q's Spaghetti Squash & Easy Marinara
- 2 Spaghetti Squash, sliced in half
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 28 oz can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 heaping Tbs fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut squash in half with a pointy knife. Remove seeds into a bowl to roast later. Rub oil all over the squash. Sprinkle salt on top. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for marinara sauce into a food processor or blender. Mix until blended.
- Take squash out of oven, making sure flesh pulls away from skin. Use a fork to scrape out the "spaghetti" into a large bowl.
- Mix spaghetti with marinara sauce and warm through on the stove.
- Optional toppings: roasted squash seeds, parmesan, fresh parsley.